Thursday, December 16, 2010

Free Antivirus from Microsoft–no really!

K…I know what you are thinking….Microsoft Defender….it’s crap….

This is not that product. I don’t know more people don’t know about this and I think Microsoft is keeping it quiet because they don’t want to make the Anti-Virus companies angry.

But you can get effective anti-virus and spyware protection free with no ads supported and updated regularly by Microsoft!

It is called Microsoft Security Essentials: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ 

Terrible name, but the product works really well. It performs its actions in the background with no fuss and I haven’t even noticed any performance issues. I have been using it for about a month now and it has even caught a few viruses in that time.

So…ditch the Anti-Vir or the AVG you have been using and give this new one a try!

Jim

No comments: